How To Find Your ReEvolve Foundation Shade
Meet The Foundation That Does It All—And Find Your Perfect Match.
Four years in the making, ReEvolve Natural Finish Liquid Foundation is finally here. We took the time that was needed to perfect our groundbreaking formula while bringing to life our all-time most-requested product: a clean medium coverage liquid foundation that lets your skin look like skin, while nourishing it immediately and improving it over time. The result? 16 thoughtfully-curated and blendable shades in a formula that’s never cakey, all created by our founder, master makeup artist Rose-Marie Swift (yes, RMS are her initials!). The shade range for all RMS foundations and concealers was developed with both inclusivity and sustainability in mind, covering skin tones ranging from Deep, Medium-Deep, Medium-Light, and Light. It is a clean formula that truly does it all: lasts all day, improves the look of skin, hydrates, firms, and comes with refillable packaging made with PCR plastic.
We can’t wait for you all to try it, and we know that buying foundation and finding the right match can be challenging. That’s why we have four ways to help you find your perfect shade–and quickly:
- First is our new Shade Finder Tool on rmsbeauty.com which helps determine your best shade in less than a minute.
- We also offer FREE makeup consultations with our experts (all personally trained by Rose-Marie) here.
- You can also text MATCHME to 57219 to join and our experts will recommend the perfect ReEvolve shade for your needs.
- If you live on social media, simply DM us a natural-light selfie @rmsbeauty and we will find your shade match.
If it’s still not a match, we offer a full refund for up to 60 days so you can try it out at home, worry free.
If you have any specific questions about ReEvolve, write to us at email@example.com and we will get back to you within 24 hours. Until then, here are a few questions we have received lately that we are happy to answer.
1. Many brands have 40-60 shades of foundation to cover many skin tones, why does RMS have just 16?
We know that, in comparison to other brands in the marketplace, 16 shades doesn’t seem like a lot. We get it, and we would love to share our approach. RMS concealers and foundations work for a wide range of skin tones and undertones because we use mineral color over synthetic. Mineral pigments are more flexible, making it easier to color match a wider range of tones. Synthetic color needs to match the skin exactly (which usually means needing to apply to the full face in order to match everywhere).
In addition, many brands encapsulate their pigments in silicone, whereas ReEvolve Foundation is silicone-free. We use sodium lauroyl glutamate and lysine which makes it even more flexible and adaptable to the skin. We encourage everyone to let us help you find a match for your skin tone, because we’ve done the wear tests ourselves and we are confident we can help. In fact, when casting models for our ReEvolve Natural Finish Liquid Foundation campaign, we met and shade matched over 75 models with a wide range of skin tones and found a match for each one. But we want you to take more than our word for it—we want to hear from you. Let us help you find the perfect match by using our shade finder, scheduling a free One2One appointment, texting MATCHME to 57219, or DMing us on social media. We’re here to help.
What is an undertone? Can you explain further?
An undertone is the subtle natural color below your skin’s surface. While skin tone refers to your skin color, undertone refers to the shade within that color. There are three types of undertones: warm, cool, and neutral. People with the same skin tone can have very different undertones. While your skin tone can change based on external factors, your undertone will always stay the same. Knowing your undertone allows you to select the most complimentary colors for your makeup (and even your wardrobe!).
Undertones fall under three basic categories:
- Warm: golden, olive, or yellow undertones
- Cool: bluish, red, or pink undertones
- Neutral: a mixture of both warm and cool undertones
It is normal to have multiple tones to the skin on your face. Before you can determine the shade that’s best for you, you must first identify which undertone you have. We recommend using the following techniques:
The vein test
- Look at the inside of your wrist. What color do your veins appear?
The tone of jewelry you wear
- If you can wear both gold and silver jewelry, you most likely have a neutral undertone
- If gold looks yellow and harsh on your skin and you only ever reach for silver jewelry, this indicates you have a cool undertone
- If gold compliments your skin tone seamlessly, you most likely have a warm undertone
The white wall test
- Sit in front of a white wall - or simply wear a white top - while looking at yourself in a mirror or camera-phone.
- The contrast of the stark white against your skin highlights the natural undertones in the skin and is one of the easiest ways to determine which undertone you have.
- Now that I know my skin tone and undertone, how do I choose my correct ReEvolve Foundation shade? We’ve created this helpful tool to guide you in finding your ReEvolve Foundation shade. Since no two skin tones are exactly alike and this formula is quite flexible (example: your shade may change seasonally, or if you have a neutral undertone you may be able to wear a warm or cool shade), we always recommend consulting with one of our RMS Beauty experts by booking a One2One consultation to ensure you find your best match. They’ll be able to address your questions and give you a more personalized experience and shade match based on your unique skin tone, undertone, and coverage needs. Plus, if you’re still not satisfied once the product arrives, we offer returns for your full money back for up to 60 days! Make An Appointment>
- Does RMS have any plans to expand its shade range?
We want to bring our community the shades, products, clean ingredients, and beauty secrets they’re looking for, so please let us know if you don’t feel your shade is being represented at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be monitoring closely, and expanding as we grow as a brand.